Combining a closed road sportive alongside a UCI sanctioned professional race, the 2016 Velothon Wales promises to deliver a truly spectacular weekend of cycling.
On Sunday 22nd May 2016, up to 18,000 riders will roll across the start line in the heart of Cardiff and embark on a completely closed road cycling sportive that takes in some of Wales’ most breathtaking scenery. Offering a challenging route, Velothon Wales is a superb opportunity to test your endurance and also fundraise for a worthy cause.
Taking place after the sportive, the professional race is likely to attract some of the world’s best teams and riders. Watching the pro’s fly into Cardiff city centre and across the finish line is guaranteed to provide a dramatic climax to a truly memorable day of cycling. More information on the professional race will be announced as soon as the 2016 UCI calendar is released at the end of September.
Key Velothon Wales facts:
- Up to 18,000 riders
- Challenging route with spectacular scenery
- Completley closed roads, ensuring a safe cycling experience
- Top level professional race featuring some of the world’s most famous teams and riders
- Iconic city centre start and finish
- King and Queen of the Mountains challenge
- Multiple feed stations & mechanical support along the route
- Cycling festival with expo that will welcome the biggest brands with all the latest gear
- Thousands of spectators lining the iconic route